- This Policy references each of the Ringette Canada’s policies that are related to communications and states the purpose of each of those policies:
- Ringette Canada has an Official Languages Policy that will guide Ringette Canada in its use of both Canadian official languages in its activities and services.
- Ringette Canada has a Media Relations Policy that explains how and when Ringette Canada may issue advisories (related to upcoming events or major developments) and statements (related to ongoing issues or crises) to the media. The Media Relations Policy also explains when Ringette Canada may host media events and what media training should be provided to spokespeople (individuals who represent Ringette Canada in interactions with the media).
- Ringette Canada has a Confidentiality Policy that defines confidential information (such as personal information and other information that is proprietary to Ringette Canada) and when and how this information can be disclosed. The Confidentiality Policy also includes a template summary decision letter that Ringette Canada can use when informing its stakeholders and the general public of a result of a dispute proceeding.
Use of Marks and Logos
- Ringette Canada’s marks and logos are important to Ringette Canada and can only be used under certain circumstances. The Use of Marks and Logos Policy describes how and when the marks and logos can be used and why they cannot be used in an altered fashion. Please note that there also exists a ‘Branding Guidelines’ document that was created to assist partners who wish to properly use the Ringette Canada Logos.
Social and Electronic Communication Media Policy
- Ringette Canada has adopted a comprehensive Social and Electronic Communication Media Policy that considers the age of the athlete and the nature of the competitive environment when prescribing how persons in authority (such as coaches) can interact with athletes. Conditions and exceptions are provided for certain methods of communication provided the contact is open and observable. The policy also includes tips for persons in authority, athletes, and parents/guardians/caregiver as well as a detailed template describing how the policy can be implemented.
- Ringette Canada will continually monitor and evaluate its communications policies, practices, and procedures to ensure they align with Ringette Canada’s values and reflect the True Sport Principles. Ringette Canada endeavours to respond to inquiries within five (5) business days and will make efforts to do so as soon as possible.
This Policy is subject to review at least once every year
Date of last review: September 2021
The publication of Ringette Canada policies will be in the English and French languages. In the case of conflicting interpretations, the English version will prevail.