How to Report an Incident

Report a Complaint

There are options if you have something to report.

These options are not meant to overwhelm you, but to ensure that your complaint is dealt with quickly.  We are here to help, if you are unsure or need further clarification on what each group deals with, please get in touch with us.


You have 2 options of where you can report something:

  1. Independent 3rd party

  2. Abuse Free Sport helpline.


  1. Independent 3rd party

Ringette Canada provides access to an independent third party for all members. You can contact this third party to report or discuss incidents of abuse or harassment of any kind.

You can reach them directly through the email address: This is a confidential email address which will only be accessed by the third party.

Should any complaint or concern come to the attention of the Executive Director or any Ringette Canada representative, it will be forwarded to the independent third party.

The independent third party is:

  1. Qualified to analyze complaints and determine whether they are admissible to Certified Human Resources Professionals (CHRP) and practising lawyers.
  2. Knowledgeable of all applicable Ringette Canada policies.
  3. Independent from Ringette Canada (Professionally and Personally).
  4. Able to address complaints professionally in both official languages.

For more information see our Investigations Policy and Discipline and Complaints Policy.


   2. Abuse Free Sport Helpline

The Office of the Sport Integrity Commissioner (OSIC) is responsible to administer the Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport (UCCMS) using trauma-informed processes that are compassionate, efficient and provide fairness, respect and equity to all parties involved.

If you are the victim of abuse, harassment or discrimination, or you’ve witnessed such an incident within our sport, you are encouraged to contact the Abuse-Free Sport Helpline. by phone or text at 1-888-83SPORT (77678), or by email to, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.

When the incidents recounted appear admissible, operators can assist you in filing a report through a confidential online platform, if desired.

For more information, visit the Abuse-Free Sport website.




















How do I know which one to use?

Knowing what jurisdiction an individual is working under can help ensure that your complaint is heard and dealt with in a more timely manner.

RINGETTE CANADA has designated specific organizational participants within the organization as UCCMS Participants.

A full list of designated individuals is available by contacting

A UCCMS Participant is an Organizational Participant affiliated with RINGETTE CANADA who has been:

  1. designated appointed, hired, and/or selected by RINGETTE CANADA and
  2. who has signed the required consent form.

UCCMS Participants may include: athletes, coaches, officials, athlete support personnel, employees, administrators, or volunteers acting on behalf of, or representing RINGETTE CANADA in any capacity.

Please use this flow chart to determine which mechanism and procedures you can use to report a complaint.

Territory acknowledgement

While we are a proud Canadian organization, we acknowledge that our head office is located on traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabeg People, and is now home to many diverse First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples. Ringette Canada extends our respect to all First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples for their valuable contributions to this land. We are committed to moving forward in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.

Stay in the know

Join our newsletter to receive updates on ringette games, news and blogs.

Contact Us


c/o House of Sport, RA Centre
2451 Riverside Drive
Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7

© 2024 Ringette Canada | Branding and Website design by Xactly Design & Advertising | Privacy Policy | Website Disclaimer