EVENT BID SELECTION POLICY
- This Policy establishes the manner in which bids to host Ringette Canada Events will be selected.
Application of this Policy
- This Policy will apply to any Ringette Canada Event that involves a bid process for selection of a Host Community, Host Committee, or similar organization.
- Ringette Canada is the rights holder for the following domestic Events:
- Canadian Ringette Championships;
- National Ringette League Championships; and
- Any other Event as determined by the Board.
- The following definitions have these meanings in this Policy:
“Bidding Guidelines” – A document which outlines the nature of the Event, the requirements for hosting the Event, the process of submitting bid applications, the timing of submitting bid applications, the evaluation process for reviewing the bid applications, any costs association with bid submissions, and the process for determination of the successful bid;
“Bid Selection Committee” –A committee comprised of a member of the Ringette Canada Board, a member of a past event host committee and the Director of High Performance and Events (or designate) to receive and evaluate Event bid applications and recommend the strongest bid to the Board of Directors;
“Event” – A Ringette Canada Event; and
“Ringette Canada Event” – An event/activity of any nature as determined by the Board of Ringette Canada, which is the responsibility or operates under the auspices, control or jurisdiction of Ringette Canada.
Bidding Guidelines for Event Hosting
- Whenever an Event, as determined by the Board, requires the selection of an organization for the Event, a bid process will be followed.
- Ringette Canada will prepare and distribute Bidding Guidelines to all Members and other parties as determined by Ringette Canada, to ensure as many opportunities are available for selection of the strongest location for a successful Event.
- Potential bid organizations or bid communities must complete the documentation outlined in the Bidding Guidelines. Failure to complete all of the required information may result in a failed bid.
- Potential bidders may address any questions to the Director of High Performance and Events (or designate), who will forward the replies to all potential bid parties.
- No formal or informal presentation or meeting in any way relating to the bid shall be held with Ringette Canada Board of Directors, Bid Selection Committee, or staff, other than set forth within the Bidding Guidelines; and, no gifts or tokens of appreciation shall be offered to Ringette Canada Board of Directors, Bid Selection Committee or staff.
- The Ringette Canada logo may not be used in any documentation of the bidding communities.
- The successful bid will be determined by the Board of Ringette Canada on a recommendation from the Bid Selection Committee, upon review of all bid submissions
- At the conclusion of the bid process, Ringette Canada will notify all Members of the successful bid.
- Following the determination of the successful bid, all bidders will be notified by Ringette Canada. Unsuccessful bidders may request a debrief in relation to their bid.
This Policy is subject to review at least once every three years
Date of last review: June 2019
The publication of Ringette Canada policies will be in the English and French languages. In the case of conflicting interpretations, the English version will prevail.