FEMALE COACH ON THE BENCH POLICY
- The following terms apply to this Policy:
- “Certified Coach”: an individual in a coaching position who has completed the necessary NCCP training and certification within the ringette coaching pathways as determined by Ringette Canada and outlined on coachingringette.ca.
“TRF”: Team Registration Form.
- Ringette Canada is committed to the on-going development and encouragement of females in coaching roles.
- The purpose of the policy is to clearly define the coaching requirement to have a certified female coach on the bench for all Ringette Canada teams, and for the requirements for events under Ringette Canada’s jurisdiction.
- A secondary purpose is to provide added guidelines, along with the Female Coach on the Bench Action Plan, to help our Members achieve the goal of having at least one female coach associated with each registered team.
- High Performance: All teams under the jurisdiction of Ringette Canada are required to have a minimum of one certified female coach as per the Ringette Canada Coaching Certification policy on the TRF for all high performance teams, including but not exclusively:
- The Junior National Team;
- The Senior National Team; and
- All Canada Winter Games teams.
- Open teams: Open teams do not require trained or certified coaches.
- Age Division Programs: Ringette Canada encourages Members to adopt this policy for all age division teams registered with the Member, and have a trained or certified female coach as per the coach requirements chart in the Ringette Canada Coaching Certification policy on the team’s TRF.
- Events: All Ringette Canada events require a female certified coach be present on the team’s bench at its events. The events include, but are not limited to:
- Canadian Ringette Championships; and
- Canada Winter Games.
- Failure to abide by any of the guidelines and/or protocols contained within this policy may result in disciplinary action in accordance with Ringette Canada’s Discipline and Complaints Policy or immediate removal from the Event(s).
This Policy is subject to review at least once every three years.
Date of last review: June 2020
The publication of Ringette Canada policies will be in the English and French languages. In the case of conflicting interpretations, the English version will prevail.